St Marys Church Hall
The hall is situated close to the beach and all amenities of Dawlish Warren. It is approx. 200 metres from the beach and is accessed via either a footbridge over the railway line or via beach road.
The hall belongs to the parish of Cofton and is administered by the church.
The hall stands in its own grounds of about two-thirds of an acre and there is ample car parking. It is also possible to pitch tents in the grounds. The hall is used extensively for community activities.
With access ramp for less abled people.
Hot and cold water in each cloakroom and 2 shower units.
Approx 19 metres (57 feet) by 9 metres (27 feet), vinyl flooring, central heating. Equipment includes 16 large folding tables, a number of smaller tables, 100 chairs.
Approx 9 metres (27 feet) by 3 metres (9 feet) fitted with large gas-fired cooker and hob, electric hot water boiler, 3 sink units and fridge/freezer.
With comprehensive range of cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
Users of the hall are asked to leave the hall as they found it. There is a report form for any damage or breakages. Please read and keep to the rules, it allows everyone to enjoy the hall.
Our charge is £10.50 per hour (£7.50 per hour for church groups). Where kitchen equipment needs cleaning or where extensive cleaning is required after an event, an additional charge of £20 per event is charged.
For one off bookings a £10 non refundable deposit is required.
The cost for lighting, gas and heating is included in the charges.
Weekends only, except in summer months.
We charge £5.00 per person (minimum of £50 per group for one night). The cost for lighting, gas and heating is included in the charges.
A £20 non refundable deposit is required at time of booking.
Please contact with details of your requirements:
- Mr Brian Hodge
- Telephone: 01626 862445 or 07796334754
- e-mail: email@example.com
If he is unavailable Ruth Cann or Vanessa Hurley will deal with the enquiry.
- Mrs Ruth Cann Vanessa Hurley
- Telephone: 01626 864537 01626 685499 07727675944
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Please make cheques payable to "Cofton PCC".
About the Parish
Dawlish Warren is in the Parish of St Mary's Cofton which is at the opposite end of Church Road from Cockwood - post code is EX6 8RP. There are services in the church each Sunday at 11am either Holy Communion or Morning Worship, with exception of the 5th Sunday when the service is joint and at either St Mary's Cofton at 11am or St Paul's Starcross at 10am. At 9.30am each Wednesday morning prayer is said at 8 Willow Way, Beechwood Park, Warren Road, Dawlish Warren - all are welcome at any of these services.
At the Hall there are the following activities welcoming all the community and visitors to the area.
- Saturday 6th April - St Mary's Church Hall Plant Sale 2pm to 5pm all sorts for plants for sale including bedding plants. Refreshments, garden bric-a-brac and raffle.
- Sunday 21st April Easter Sunday - Early Morning Service on Dawlish Warren Sea Front 7am followed by breakfast in St Mary's Church Hall. Please phone 01626 864537 if you will be wanting to join us for breakfast for catering needs. No charge but collection for Christian Aid.
- Saturday 22nd June - Summer BBQ and Music Evening commencing 5.30pm. PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE